What is Scutellaria Baicalensis ?
Scutellaria baicalensis is also called Baical or Chinese Scutellaria, or Scullcap. It is a perennial herb, which grows to a height of 1-4 feet. It has four-angled stems with multiple opposite leaves. Its blue to purple flowers are characterised by the specific shape, which resembles the scull. Two petals of the flower are often called lips. The flowers, blooming in July, are situated on one side of the stem. The root of the herb is thick and branchy. It is almost skinless
What is Baicalein ?
Baicalein is a flavone found in several species in the genus Scutellaria, including Scutellarialateriflora (blue skullcap). It is a component of Chinese medicinal herb Huang-chin (Scutellaria baicalensis) and one of the chemical ingredients of Sho-Saiko-To, an herbal supplement.Baicalin is a known prolyl endopeptidase inhibitor, induces apoptosis in pancreatic cancer cells,and affects the GABA receptors.
The flavonoid baicalin inhibits superantigen-induced inflammatory cytokines and chemokines.It has antioxidant activity so it has anti-inflammatory effects, anti-HIV activity, apoptosis induction and inhibition of colon aberrant crypts. It also has functions on inhibition of cancer cell proliferation; protecting bone marrow, promoting hemopoiesis, and protecting the intestines from adverse chemotherapy effects.
Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract , Baicalein
Pharmaceutical Grade, Food grade, Cosmetic Grade
Light Yellow Powder
For 0.5kgs to 5kgs, Aluminum foil bags + Aseptic bag vacuum packaging
For 25kgs, double-layer Aseptic bag + Paper Drums
2 years when properly stored
1. Baicalein can promote secretion of bile, and promote movements of extra body intestines;
2. Baicalein has anti-histamine effect, and can inhibit edema caused by carrageenin;
3. Baicalein has anti-allergenic and anti-toxin effect;
4. Baicalein can enhance spectrum antibiotic;
5. Baicalein can prevents atherosclerosis;
6. Baicalein have anti-hepatitis B virus effect.
1. Baicalin is used to treat respiratory infections, hay fever, and fever. It is also used for gastrointestinal (GI) infections, as well as livers problems including viral hepatitis and jaundice.
2. Baicalin for kidney infections, Pelvic inflammation, and sores or swelling. It is also used for scarlet fever,
headache, irritability, red eyes, flushed face, seizures, hysteria, nervous tension, and to relieve a bitter
taste in the mouth.
3. The active ingredient in Baikal skullcap, baicalin, is used in combination with Honeysuckle Forsythia to
treat upper respiratory tract infections. In combination with other herbs, Baikal skullcap is used to treat
attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), prostate cancer, a lung condition called bronchiolitis, arthritis and hemorrhoids.
4. Baicalin powder is also sometimes applied to the skin for psoriasis
For Further Information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org