What is Arecoline Hydrobromide?
Arecoline Hydrobromide is also called areca nut extract, which is a natural alkaloid that is found in the betel nut of the Areca palm. It is an agonist of the muscarinic acetylcholine receptors with EC50 values of 7, 95, 11, 410, and 69 nM for M1, M2, M3, M4, and M5, respectively. Generally, arecoline causes smooth muscle contraction. Arecoline and other muscarinic receptor agonists have been shown to improve learning and memory and may prove to be useful in treating dementia.
Arecoline hydrobromide, Areca nut extract
Pharmaceutical Grade, Food grade, Medical Grade
White fine powder
For 0.5kgs to 5kgs, Aluminum foil bags + Aseptic bag vacuum packaging
For 25kgs, double-layer Aseptic bag + Paper Drums
2 years when properly stored
1. Arecoline has the heart stimulating effectarecoline hydrobromide.
2. Anti-cancer and anti inflammatoryarecoline hydrobromide.
3. It can be used to local anesthesia, refrigeration, anti-inflammation and detumescencearecoline hydrobromide.
4. It is used in sweating profusely with body temperature dropping; muscle spasm in choleraarecoline hydrobromide.
5. It is used in the treatment of rheumatism, intermittent fevers and acute inflammatory infectionsarecoline hydrobromide.
Owing to its muscarinic and nicotinic agonist properties, arecoline powder has shown improvement in the learning ability of healthy volunteers. Since one of the hallmarks of Alzheimer's disease is a cognitive decline, arecoline was suggested as a treatment to slow down this process and arecoline administered intravenously did indeed show modest verbal and spatial memory improvement in Alzheimer's patients, though due to arecoline's possible carcinogenic properties, it is not the first drug of choice for this degenerative disease. Arecoline hydrobromide has also been used medicinally as an antihelmintic (a drug against parasitic worms).
For Further Information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org